Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I've Always Liked this Picture



When I was a kid the local 1% motorcycle club, The Coven,
held a big party each summer up on the hill at our neighborhood
fireman's clubhouse. They would invite other M/C clubs from all
over the east coast to attend and I'd camp out in the front lawn
under our giant oak tree and watch them all role into town.

Those guys blew my mind and the impact they had on me is pretty
apparent in the person I am today. I'm not sure that's a good thing.

I Took this picture with a $28 plastic camera a few years back and
it reminds me of those fun loving, hard drinking, hard fighting
clowns I looked forward to seeing each summer.

For those unfamiliar with chopper junk, the picture is of a sissy bar
(backrest) with a bayonnet attached, along with a double exposure
on the film of a peanut gas tank with gold leafed wings and the
motor below it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holga

No comments: