Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I Respect this Man



My father was out from NY to visit and play with the kids last week. He remembered my mentioning that the lowrider was leaking oil and decided to fix the problem while he was here.

This was no small task, requiring removal of the radiator, fan, water pump, timing cover, intake, and everything that gets in the way of those parts. Then it all has to go back together. Local mechanics had quoted me $1000-$1500 in labor on the job, plus parts.

Working along side the street in sub-50's weather without much help from me (kids), dad finished the job over the course of a weekend.

Dad, although we've butted heads in the past, you've always been there for me and I know you always will be. I love and respect you for that. Thanks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are a class act, my friend and I know your Dad is very proud of you.