Saturday, May 10, 2008

Pacific Northwest Rust



Being from upstate NY I'm well acquainted with rust. Drive a car through a few NY winters and you'll know about rust too. The road salt back there is just brutal on anything metal.

Pacific NW rust on the other hand is special. It takes years to form and isn't salt induced. It's also usually accompanied by moss and there's alot of character that comes along with it. I like character.

I have an old Studebaker pickup truck that's waiting for attention and looks alot like this sawblade, moss and all. I'm tempted to fix it but I'm more tempted to leave it alone. I've had plenty of nice vehicles and just don't care about them as much as I used to. I like the word 'old' in old car more than I like the word 'car'. That probably makes no sense to anyone but me, which is just fine.

We'll see what materializes.

No comments: